We are visual creatures, so it’s no surprise that video is among the most exciting innovations in business. And few industries are as primed for the promise of video as field service, which is built on communication and human interaction. From communicating with customers and staff, to training and marketing, video is a valuable tool for field service organizations. Are you taking advantage of the power of video in your business?
A study by 3M and the Wharton School of Business shows that we retain:
- 30 percent of what we see
- 20 percent of what we hear
- 10 percent of what we read
- 70 percent of what we see and hear
Here are five great uses for video in field service organizations:
1. Instructional and “How To” Videos
Video tutorials help clients understand complex topics.
- Walk your customers through specific concepts that can be more easily understood through demonstration and audio instruction.
- Video enables you to cover a larger message in a shorter time and gives you a chance to uniquely focus the viewers’ attention.
- Customers can conveniently watch the videos on their own schedules and video instruction can be repeated anytime.
- Instructional videos allow you to simulate dangerous situations while removing the actual danger. This is particularly important when dealing with safety or technical issues.
2. Staff Training
- Training videos offer consistent messaging to ensure that a clear, consistent message is delivered to staff and new team members.
- Training videos provide anytime, anywhere and repeatable access.
- You may not always have time or budget to train new team members. Video training provides a great alternative solution.
- Instructional video facilitates self-directed learning at a pace suitable for varied learning styles and preferences.
- Training videos allow you to focus attention on and reinforce behaviors and guidelines that have positive results.
3. Company Promotion – Brand Videos
Seeing is believing – promotional brand videos are an effective way to engage customer interests and bring your brand into closer view.
- Promotional videos can demonstrate the effectiveness of a product or service. It is easier for customers to believe in your brand if they see it with their own eyes.
- Building effective relationships is critical to your business. Visually demonstrating the product or service builds customer trust.
- Gives customers a firsthand perspective by letting your products and services “speak for themselves”.
4. Client and Customer Testimonial Videos – Building Credibility
Video is an effective tool for sharing customer experiences.
- Written testimonials are a powerful marketing tool. A video testimonial builds even more credibility in convincing prospective clients.
- Video brings the testimonials to life and offers a rich, positive tone to the shared customer experience.
- Video captures the natural and authentic response from a satisfied customer.
5. Convey Value Proposition – Explainer Videos
What better way to sell a product than to show it in action? Explainer videos are short (usually 1 to 3 minute) videos that tell your company’s story.
- Explainer videos convey the value proposition of your company.
- Short videos connect with and engage customers while allowing them to learn more about your business, products and services.
- Video boosts website traffic, purchases and optimizes customer service through better customer experience.
Do you think it might be time to consider the power of video for your field service organization?